Car Noises from the Engine
If your car starts making weird front or engine noises that you are not accustomed to hearing, it can mean several different engine problems.1. Squealing from engine while accelerating. This may be caused by:
- Loose drive belts.
- Slipping drive belts.
- The drive pulleys for some engine accessories are misaligned.
- You have turned the steering wheel to the limits.
2. Engine hesitates and a popping is heard from the engine. This may be caused by:
- Carburetor may have a bad accelerator pump or power circuit.
- Catalytic converter may be clogged.
- Dirty air filter.
- Fuel filter may be clogged.
- Ignition problem.
- Spark wires may be bad.
- Spark plugs may be dirty or worn.
- Water in the gasoline.
3. The engine makes a ticking noise. This sound may be caused by:
- Engine's valve lifters are collapsed.
- Engine's valves are stuck.
- Sludge in your engine which is stopping oil from circulating properly.
- Valves in your engine need to be adjusted.